Views: 21 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2024-02-01 Origin: Site
Underneath the city, countless pipes are silently performing the important task of transporting water. However, over time, these pipes may develop leaks for various reasons. In order to ensure that water is not wasted, and also to ensure the proper functioning of public utilities, it is especially important to conduct regular underground pipe leakage inspections. The following are the 9 major steps for conducting such detection:
I. Division of the detection area and operation procedure plan
1. Check the distribution map of underground pipelines to understand the direction and distribution of pipelines.
2. According to the distribution of pipelines, the detection area is divided into a number of neighborhoods to facilitate the subsequent detection work.
3. Make a detailed list of operating procedures, and make clear the process and precautions for each step.
Second, pipeline exploration
1. Check the pipeline valves, spigots and other facilities in the field to understand the basic situation of the pipeline.
2. Use professional measuring tools to accurately determine the location and depth of the pipeline.
3. Investigate the surrounding environment to understand the factors that may affect the operation of the pipeline.
Third, the pipeline valve spigot at the listening inspection
1. In the exposed area of the pipeline (such as fire hydrant, control valve) with a water leakage detector to listen to the sound check, and initially determine whether there is a water leakage phenomenon. At the same time, the use of professional water leakage detection equipment for recording and diagnosis.
IV. Measure the minimum flow at midnight
1. Close the valves in some areas at night to reduce the flow rate to facilitate the subsequent detection work.
2. Measure the minimum water flow in the closed area at midnight to understand the operation of the pipeline.
V. Leakage sound detection of the target pipeline
1. Listening sound detection along the pipeline with water leakage detector, using professional water leakage detection equipment to capture the sound wave of water leakage and mark the suspected leakage point.
6、Accurately determine the leakage point from the ground
1. Use a professional water leakage detector on the ground to accurately locate the marked leakage point. This will help the subsequent repair work.
2. In the process of measurement, also pay attention to other pipelines around to avoid unnecessary interference with other facilities.
7. Produce a leakage measurement report
1. Organize all the measurements and inspection results into a report, indicating the specific location of each leakage point to provide detailed information for the subsequent restoration work.
8、Re-measurement of the minimum flow at midnight and repair leaks
1. After repairing all leaks, measure the minimum flow rate at midnight again to assess the effect of leakage measurement and repair work.
2. If the flow rate is back to normal or close to normal, then it means that the repair work has achieved good results; if the flow rate is still abnormal, further investigation and repair may be required.
Summary: Underground pipe leakage detection is a process that requires care and patience. Through the 8 steps mentioned above, we can get a comprehensive understanding of the condition of the pipe, accurately find the location of the leakage, and carry out effective repair. This not only helps to save water, but also ensures the normal operation of public facilities.