Views: 22 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-04-16 Origin: Site
The solution for water pipe leakage depends on the specific material of the water pipe leakage.
(1) metal water pipe: If the metal water pipe is not rusted, you can close the main valve and replace the water pipe at the location of the leak. If the leak is caused by the rusting of the metal water pipe, you need to replace the entire section of the water pipe.
(2)PPR water pipe
① First, use a small hacksaw to carefully saw off the leaking area, and then pay attention to the saw mouth to be flat;
② Use sandpaper to polish the exposed area, and wipe clean with a cloth;
③ sticky with special glue to ensure no leakage.
In addition to the specific material, the water pipe leak solution will also be related to the part of the leak.
(1)Water leakage from the water pipe
If the water pipe leaks, you can directly replace it or use glue to make up for it. Waterproof tape can also be, but be careful to cover another layer with a compound of cement mortar to strengthen the waterproof performance. Or to save trouble, you can also directly entrust a special company to carry out maintenance.
(2) Leakage at water pipe joints
If water leaks at the water pipe joint, it depends on where it is bad, if the joint itself is bad, it can only be directly replaced with a new one. If only the rubber gasket is bad, a new rubber gasket can be replaced.
(3) The water pipe inside the wall leaks
If the water pipe inside the wall leaks, you can only cut open the wall to find the place where the water pipe leaks, so that you can install the above-mentioned way to repair.
Water pipe leak detection
Sometimes after a water leak, you are not sure if it is a water pipe leak, and then you need to test it. The steps to detect whether a water pipe is leaking can be carried out as follows.
(1) The first step is to turn off the main water valve;
(2) Next, use a hose to secure the end of the water pipe;
(3) the end of the instrument used for water pressure testing is fixed to the other water pipe;
(4) screw each interface to ensure that there is no air leakage can be tested for water pressure;
(5) the water pressure is gradually increased to test whether the water pipe leakage phenomenon;
(6) the whole test process lasts 30 minutes, if there is no leakage, it means that the leakage is not a problem of water pipes.