Views: 4 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-11-14 Origin: Site
First, the causes of household water pipe leakage
The causes of household water pipe leakage may include the following aspects:
1. Pipe aging: water pipes that have been in use for a long time may be worn, corroded or cracked due to aging, resulting in leaks.
2. Improper installation or connections: Plumbing fittings that are not properly connected or sealed during installation, such as loose fasteners, fittings that are not properly secured, or damaged sealing gaskets, may lead to leaks.
3. High water pressure or water hammer: Water hammer caused by high water pressure in the kitchen or bathroom water supply system or by suddenly turning off the faucet may result in loose or cracked connections, which in turn may cause leaks.
4. Freezing and expansion: During the cold season, water pipes may freeze and expand due to the drop in temperature, leading to rupture and leakage.
5. Blockage and Plugging: Blockage or plugging inside the water mains may cause an increase in water pressure, leading to rupture or loosening of connections, and ultimately to leakage.
6. External damage: accidental impact during construction, earthquakes or other external pressure factors may lead to water pipe damage, which in turn triggers leakage.
Second, the household water pipe leakage investigation methods
1. Observe the water meter reading: turn off all faucets and water equipment, record the initial reading of the water meter; wait for a period of time (such as 30 minutes), and again observe the water meter reading. If there is a change in the reading, it means that there may be leakage.
2. Check the water meter pointer: Observe whether the water meter pointer continues to rotate, even if no water source is used. If the pointer continues to run even though no water is being used, it may be due to a leak.
3. Check the area around the meter: Check around the meter for signs of standing water, wetness, or an unusual dirt color and smell. This could be a sign of a leak.
4. Check plumbing connections: Check plumbing connections for obvious signs of leaks such as drips, water stains, dampness or mold.
5. Check walls and floors: Watch for signs of leakage on walls or floors such as wet spots, mold, visible water stains or cracks.
6. Use a pipe leak detector: Adjust the pipe leak detector measurement parameter settings (volume and gain) according to different measurement environments, and screen out the sound of water leakage from the many noises. A point to listen to the time can not be too long, generally about 10 seconds, by comparing the sound and signal of different points to find out the leakage of water right above.
7. Check the water meter metering data: record changes in household water consumption, if there is no significant increase in the use but there is an increase in billing, may be caused by leakage.
Third, the solution to household water pipe leakage
Once the leak is found, repair it in time. Repair needs to first open the tiles of the leakage point, and then clean up the cement mortar inside, and then refill the surrounding cement mortar solid. You can use cement mortar to fill or use other waterproof gel to repair.
Fourth, the household water pipe leakage preventive measures
1. Regular inspection of water pipes: regular inspection of water pipes for aging, wear and tear, corrosion or cracking phenomena, timely repair and replacement.
2. Correct installation of water pipes: when installing water pipes, to ensure that the joints are properly connected and fixed, and the use of qualified sealing gaskets for sealing.
3. Control water pressure: Try to avoid the emergence of high water pressure or water hammer phenomenon, you can control the water pressure by installing pressure reducing valves and other ways.
4. Insulation and anti-freezing: In the cold season, the water pipes should be insulated against freezing to avoid rupture and leakage caused by freezing and expansion.
5. Regular cleaning of water pipes: Regularly clean the impurities and dirt inside the water pipes to avoid clogging and leakage.
6. Pay attention to external factors: When repairing or remodeling the house, pay attention to protect the water pipes from damage caused by external factors, such as accidental impact, earthquakes and so on.