Views: 2 Author: pqwt Publish Time: 2023-05-22 Origin: PQWT
Leaky pipes are one of the most problematic issues in the world today. According to statistics, the amount of water wasted by leaking pipes globally each year is equivalent to twice the amount wasted on the African continent. Against the backdrop of urbanization and population growth, strengthening pipeline maintenance management and preventing pipeline leaks are essential to ensure local drinking water safety and sustainable development.
I. Causes of pipeline leakage
Water leakage from pipelines is mainly caused by the following reasons:
1. Old pipelines:Due to long-term use, the pipeline gradually aging rupture.
2. Construction quality problems: poor construction quality during the construction process, the pipeline has quality problems.
3. Pipeline valve failure:The pipeline valve is damaged or failed, resulting in water leakage.
4. Natural disasters: earthquakes, heavy rains and other natural disasters lead to pipeline damage.
Second, the impact of pipeline leakage on human beings
Pipeline leakage has a non-negligible impact on human sustainable development.
1. Environmental loss: water leakage leads to waste of water resources, pollution of the environment and damage to the ecological balance.
2. Economic loss: Leaky pipes cause waste of water resources, damage to public and private property and repair costs, resulting in substantial economic loss.
3. Social damage: water resources are scarce, and leaking pipes will make water resources further reduced, especially in some slum areas, which will cause great inconvenience.
Third, how to find out the point of pipe leaks
Water pipe leak detector, generally called leak detector, or pipe leak detector, underground pipe leak tester, etc..
Its working principle is the pressure water pipe leak after the pressure water from the pipe breakout rushing out, and the sound vibration generated by the friction of the pipe wall and other additional vibration caused by the transmission to the pipe above the ground, the instrument is used to detect the road surface to find out the leak.
In general, the basic detection method is, connect the host, headphones, sensors. Turn on the switch, put on the headphones, place the sensor on the road above the pipeline, place it step by step according to the length of the pace, and listen to it step by step, the closer to the leak, the stronger the signal, and the farther away from the leak the weaker the signal, and achieve the purpose of detecting the leak by comparing the signal strength between different points. Therefore, we use the instrument, a single point to listen to the leak signal is not meaningful, to multi-point repeatedly compared, compared with the sound vibration of the larger place is the leak, of course, we have to consider many other additional factors, such as the direction of the leak breakage mouth, because the pipe is round, if the side of the leak, may be larger points instead in the side of the road above the pipe, rather than being the pipe The road above, so the location of the pipeline should be clear, in addition to the tee, bend, water pressure, burial depth, buried layer, etc. will have an impact, the detection should take these into account.
Fourth, how to prevent and repair pipeline leaks
1. Strengthen maintenance management: For the pipeline that often leaks, the government and society should strengthen maintenance management, timely replacement of aging pipes and repair valves.
2. Use high quality pipes: Use high quality pipes in construction, which can extend the service life of pipes.
3. Strengthen outlet monitoring: Set up monitoring and observation equipment to detect pipeline leaks in time.
4. Regular maintenance and inspection: regularly check the pipeline leakage and perform preventive maintenance and repair on the pipeline.
The problem of pipeline leakage has a non-negligible impact on local drinking water safety and sustainable development. Therefore, we should strengthen the maintenance and management of pipelines to prevent pipeline leakage problems so that water resources can be effectively used and unnecessary waste can be avoided. At the same time, we should rationally use the use of modern technical means for the already existing