Views: 15 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-11-24 Origin: Site
Water leakage detection is a very important task in underground pipeline detection and maintenance. When a leak occurs in a water supply pipeline, it not only causes damage to the pipeline itself, but also affects the normal operation of the city and the lives of the residents. Therefore, it is crucial to use the right tools for water leakage detection. This article will introduce some commonly used water leakage detection tools and their use.
1. Leak Detection Stick
Listening stick is a simple water leakage detection tool, the shape of a probe, the tail is equipped with a spherical object can be closely affixed with the ear of the metal rod. Through the contact with the surface of the equipment being tested, you can collect a variety of air isolation and external interference but the ear can not hear the various types of equipment in operation issued by the weak sound. Its advantages are simple operation, inexpensive, suitable for most occasions of water leakage detection.
When using the listening stick, you need to pay attention to the following points:
(1) Choose a suitable listening rod, generally according to the material and diameter of the pipe to choose the appropriate rod head;
(2) Ensure that the spherical shape of the listening rod fits closely to the ear to obtain the best hearing effect;
(3) In the detection process, keep quiet and pay attention to observe the sound changes in the surrounding environment.
2. Pipe Leak Detector
Pipeline leak detector is a more advanced water leakage detection tools, the principle is to use the pipeline water under pressure from the leakage point when the impact of the wall noise generated by the leakage point spread along the pipeline, or along the buried media spread to the ground, through the sensor to amplify the leakage noise to determine the leakage point. This tool is suitable for leakage detection in more complex or thinner pipes.
When using the pipe leak detector, the following points need to be noted:
(1) Select the appropriate sensor and probe according to the pipe material and diameter;
(2) Keep the water pressure in the pipeline stable during the detection process;
(3) Select the appropriate noise threshold and filter parameters according to the actual situation;
(4) For complex pipeline networks, multiple inspections are required to determine the exact location of the leakage point.
3. Other Auxiliary Tools
In addition to the above two commonly used water leakage detection tools, there are some other auxiliary tools that can help us better carry out water leakage detection. For example, a perforator can be used to make holes in the pipe to obtain more accurate information about the leakage; a flashlight can be used to observe the pipeline at night or under low-light conditions; a multimeter can be used to measure the water pressure and flow rate of the pipeline and other parameters.
In conclusion, it is very important to choose the right water leakage detection tool and operate it correctly in the underground pipeline detection and maintenance work. The above introduction of listening to the leakage stick and pipe leakage tester is commonly used water leakage detection tools, understand its use and precautions can help us to better carry out water leakage detection and maintenance work.