Views: 2 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-11-06 Origin: Site
Pipeline leak detector tracer gas detection method is an emerging, efficient pipeline leak detection technology. It utilizes a special tracer gas and advanced detection equipment to quickly and accurately locate small leaks in pipelines. This detection method is widely used in many fields, including petrochemical industry, gas transmission, water supply network and so on. In this paper, we will introduce the principle of pipeline leak detector tracer gas detection method, the advantages and specific operational procedures.
First, the pipeline leak detector tracer gas detection method principle
Pipeline leak detector tracer gas detection method of the basic principle is to use the characteristics of the tracer gas, in the pipeline injected into a certain amount of tracer gas, and then in the pipeline at the exit of the pipeline using the pipeline leak detector to detect the presence of tracer gas. If there is a leak in the pipeline, the concentration of the tracer gas at the leak will be significantly higher than in other parts of the pipeline, which will be quickly detected by the pipeline leak detector. Common tracer gases are hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, etc. These gases are light, easy to diffuse, non-flammable and other characteristics, suitable for pipeline leak detection.
Second, the advantages of pipeline leak detector tracer gas detection method
Pipeline leak detector tracer gas detection method has the following advantages:
1. High efficiency: this method can quickly and accurately locate the leakage point in the pipeline, which reduces the time and labor cost required by traditional detection methods.
2. Safety: tracer gas is non-toxic, non-flammable and other characteristics, the use of the process of safety is guaranteed.
3. Wide scope of application: this method is applicable to various types of pipeline detection, including metallic and non-metallic pipelines, buried pipelines and so on.
4. High detection accuracy: the pipeline leak detector can detect a trace amount of tracer gas, which can accurately locate the tiny leakage point.
5. Simple operation: this method does not require professional and technical personnel, general staff can be operated after simple training.
Third, the pipeline leak detector tracer gas detection method of the operating steps
Pipeline leak detector tracer gas detection method of the operating steps are as follows:
1. Inject a certain amount of tracer gas at the entrance of the pipeline to ensure that the pipeline is full of tracer gas.
2. Use the pipeline leak detector to detect at the exit of the pipeline, set the appropriate detection sensitivity and time interval.
3. Move the probe of the pipeline leak detector along the pipeline to detect, pay attention to the signal changes on the instrument display.
4. If abnormal signals are found, record the location and mark it.
5. Detect the abnormal area in detail to determine the specific location of the leakage point.
6. Repair or take other treatment measures according to the detection results.
Pipeline leak detector tracer gas detection method is an efficient and safe method of pipeline leak detection. It utilizes the characteristics of tracer gas and advanced detection equipment to quickly and accurately locate small leaks in pipelines. This method has the advantages of easy operation, wide range of application, high detection accuracy, etc., and has been widely used. In practical application, it is necessary to choose the appropriate tracer gas and detection equipment according to the specific situation, and strictly follow the operational steps to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the detection results.