Views: 1 Author: pqwt Publish Time: 2023-02-06 Origin: PQWT
To solve the problem of leaking water pipes, we must first understand the type of water pipes, whether they are iron or plastic, and the extent of water pipe leaks:Some water pipes leak very little, some leak a lot, and sometimes the water pipe joints leak. Water pipes are an important building material to ensure that water is properly taken from the home. In daily life, improper use, or improper maintenance can lead to leaking or frozen water pipes, so what are the hazards of leaking water pipes? How to find out the leakage point
1. Leaky pipes lead to increased water supply costs for water suppliers. In addition to the direct cost of water production and delivery, water suppliers must also bear the cost of pipe maintenance due to leaks.
2. Leaky pipes can lead to water pollution. A leak means that the pipe is no longer a closed system, and when the pressure inside the pipe is low, pollution from outside the pipe can enter the pipe when the water stops, and the special case of the shot-suction phenomenon can also pollute the water inside the pipe.
3、Pipeline leakage will lead to urban ground collapse, the pipeline leakage will make the soil flow and meet the nearby drainage pipe, the soil keeps losing, forming a hole in the ground, the hole becomes bigger and the ground will collapse.
4. A leaky pipe will cause a water shortage in the town. Water shortage is divided into three kinds of water shortage: water source type, engineering type and water quality type. No matter which kind of water shortage, pipeline leakage will lead to an increase in water shortage; China is a country with a general water shortage, but the amount of water leaking from pipelines nationwide is 10 billion tons every year.
5、Pipe leakage leads to lower water supply pressure. Leaky pipeline means pressure release, the water supply pressure needed by users will be reduced, and this pressure reduction is random, as the development of the city, the water supply pressure is more and more difficult to ensure, and the pipeline leakage makes the water pressure management of the pipe network complicated.
6. Leaky pipes lead to increased energy consumption for water supply. In order to deliver more water and ensure water pressure to customers, leaky pipes cause water companies to consume more electricity.
7. Leaky pipes lead to high energy demand for water production. The amount of water leaking from a pipeline can become water supply capacity and translate into actual effective water supply, but this production capacity is consumed due to the presence of leaks, and when cities need to increase their water supply capacity, they also need to expand their production capacity, which is much higher than the actual demand due to leaks.
8. Leaking pipes cause the groundwater level to rise. The city has a water supply network covering the area, and the water table has become high due to the constant leakage of pipes. The high water table is a problem faced by the construction of underground works in the area, and the severe freezing of the ground in winter is also directly related to the water table, and if there are underground pipes, the hard pavement of the ground will be raised and uneven.
9, pipeline leakage led to a decline in investment in the water sector. In order to control and reduce pipeline leakage, the water sector will take zoning metering initiative to control leakage, pressure control to reduce pipeline leakage measures, but whatever means are taken, it costs money, and may still continue to spend money, between the investment and reduce leakage has been seeking a balance.
10. Impact on the development of water pricing. What percentage of the cost of water supply will pipeline leaks ultimately account for? 12 percent is now implemented. But 12% leakage is unrealistic for the vast majority of water districts, and if 12% is implemented, who will pay for the real leakage in the rest of the water districts? If no one pays, isn't this a vicious cycle? If you don't implement 12%, which number is the science? There is no science because pipe leaks are a variable.
How to fix a pipe leak
Using a pipe leak detector can effectively find out the point of pipe leakage, in general, the basic detection method is, connect the pipe leak detector host, headphones, sensors. Turn on the switch, put on the headset, place the sensor on the road above the pipe line, place it step by step according to the length of the pace, and listen to it step by step, the closer to the leak, the stronger the signal, the farther away from the leak the weaker the signal, by comparing the signal strength between different points to achieve the purpose of detecting the leak. Therefore, we use the pipeline leak detector, a single point in the leak signal is not meaningful, to repeatedly compare multiple points, compare the sound vibration of the larger place is the leak, of course, we have to consider many other additional factors, such as the direction of the leak breakage mouth, because the pipe is round, if the side of the leak, the larger point may instead be on the side of the road above the pipe, rather than The road above the pipeline, so the location of the pipeline to know, in addition to the tee, bend, water pressure, burial depth, buried layer, etc. will have an impact on the detection to take these into account.